Nursing Primary care
Primary healthcare is the first level of contact with the healthcare system between individuals, families and communities.
- Incorporates individual care with health promotion, disease prevention and growth of the community.
- Includes the interconnected principles of equity, access, empowerment, ego-determination of the community and intersectoral cooperation
- Comprises an understanding of health care's social, economic, cultural and political determinants.
The primary model of nursing optimizes relationship-based healthcare. Although a primary nursing model was used on an inpatient paediatric haematology / oncology unit, patients were hypothesized and nurses were dissatisfied with the structure of primary care teams and primary assignment inconsistency.
- Track 1-1 Cardiology -- heart illnesses
- Track 2-2 Dermatology -- skin illnesses
- Track 3-3 Endocrinology -- hormonal and metabolic disorders, with diabetes
- Track 4-4 Gastroenterology -- gastric system disorders
- Track 5-5 General surgery -- common surgeries involving any part of the body
- Track 6-6 Haematology -- blood illnesses
- Track 7-7 Immunology -- disorders of the immune system